The Mineralogical Society
August 11, 2019
August 11th, 2019, 12 noon to 4:30 P.M.
Home of Bruce and Kathy Carter,
146 Highland Place, Monrovia, CA
The Mineralogical Society of Southern California is dedicated to the dissemination of a general knowledge of the mineralogical and related earth sciences through the study and collecting of mineral specimens. Organized in 1931, it is the oldest mineralogical society in the western United States.
The MSSC is a scientific non-profit organization that actively supports the Pasadena City College Geology Department, its associated Dana Club,, and the Field Science Scholarship Fund. Support is also given to the San Bernardino County Museum of Natural History and Mindat.
The MSSC is affiliated with the California Federation of Mineralogical Societies and American Federation of Mineralogical Societies.
About the Program: MSSC Annual Picnic
Sunday, August 11th, from 12noon to 4:30pm is MSSC’s annual picnic. PLS (Pasadena Lapidary Society) and Fallbrook Mineral Clubs have been invited to join us.
- September 13, 2019: : Eric Scerri: A Tale of Seven Elements
- September 15: MSSC Board Meeting at the Carter Residence
- October 11, 2019: Karin Rice: Geology of Rancho La Brea/ LA Brea Tar Pits
- November 8, 2019: Renee Newman: “The Allure of Diamonds”
- Field Trip: 2ndhalf of September, 2019 (Exact date to be announced) Nevada’s Goodsprings District
- Field Trip Details, click here to go to field trip page
The MSSC is pleased to offer:
Copyright © 2019 Mineralogical Society of Southern California.
This web site may not be reproduced in whole or in part without first obtaining written permission.